[alsa-devel] bug in alsa-lib/snd_pcm_plugin_delay for capture?

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 14:35:39 CET 2010

>> Since the PulseAudio commit 29acfd0e0413a9bd126782763ee2dcf10357546 I
>> am seeing errors messages telling me that the information reported by
>> snd_pcm_avail_delay is not accurate on the capture path, more
>> specifically the delay is lower than the available samples.
>
> Could you test patch bellow?
>
> http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-lib.git;a=commitdiff;h=ba9332e9192814a5431a3a2505d25d74a9232124

Nah, no luck. PulseAudio still reports an error and if I add
assert(*delayp >= *availp) the code bombs out.
Here is one way to solve the problem. I don't claim it's the right
one, but it's compatible with the way the availp value is computed,
and it makes the error message go away in PulseAudio.

While I was at it I also removed the .client_frames and .slave_frames
methods that no one seems to use. This seems to be dead code that
hasn't been touched in years.
-Pierre