[alsa-devel] Does anyone really have success experience with SPI codecs with new name-based SOC API?

Dimitris Papastamos dp at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Mon Nov 22 03:07:16 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 14:31 +0300, Alexander wrote:
> Does anyone really have success experience with SPI codecs with new
> name-based SOC API?
> There are really few SPI codecs in ASoC subsystem, so I wonder if only I
> cannot bind my SPI codec to machine driver.
>
> The codec is registered with name spi0.0 it's the behavior of SPI
> subsystem, I suppose. So the form is %s%d.%d and not %s.%d as supposed
> in fmt_single_name() in soc_core.c

Just use the registered codec name in the machine driver so soc-core can
match it correctly.  You should not worry about incompatibilities in the
naming convention between SPI registered devices and I2C ones.  The only
thing that we try to guarantee is to be able to uniquely identify the
devices on the system.

Thanks,
Dimitrios