[alsa-devel] Sound card OpenSuse 11.3

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Wed Nov 17 13:54:40 CET 2010

Luca Samiolo wrote:
> can I get a list of sound cards compatible with OpenSuse 10.3?

Assuming that "cards" means "cards" and not "USB devices", the only PCI
chipsets compatible with Linux and currently being sold are VIA Envy24
and C-Media CMI87xx/AVxxx.

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Asus
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-AuzenTech
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-HT_Omega
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-TempoTec
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Terratec
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-玄人志向

You didn't tell us what features you need, but for a typcial desktop
sound card, I'd recommend the Asus Xonar DS/D1/DX.

> The information transmitted is intended only for blah blah blah ...

This e-mail contains public information intended for any subscriber of
this mailing list and for anybody else who bothers to read it; it will
be copied, disclosed and distributed to the public.  If you think you
are not the intended recipient, please commit suicide immediately.
These terms apply also to any e-mails quoted in, referenced from, or
answering this e-mail, and supersede any confidentiality notices in
those e-mails.  Additionally, confidentiality notices in those e-mails
will incur legal processing fees of $42 per line; you have agreed to
this by reading this confidentiality notice.

Regards,
Clemens