[alsa-devel] Expected behaviour for two mic jacks

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 02:52:26 CET 2010

2010/11/12 David Henningsson <david.henningsson at canonical.com>

> Hi,
>
> A while ago I asked for the default/expected behaviour for auto-mute.
> Here's the same question for mics:
>
> If there are two mic jacks, e g one on the front and one on the back, is
> the standard/default behaviour that we should:

The main problem is the "pink jack" and "blue jack" at rear panel can be
retasked as output pin for those motherboard with 3 audio jack at rear panel
(e.g. those VIA codec has "Smart51" switch

Some realtek codec has "Line/Mic jack mode" or "Mic Jack Mode" controls

How about those laptop docked into a docking station ?

Did pulseaudio changed the profile from "Internal Mic" or "External Mic" to
"Dock Mic" automatically