[alsa-devel] ASoC: WM8804: fsi-wm8804

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Mon Nov 15 14:50:53 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 02:46:55PM +0100, Grzegorz Daniluk wrote:
> Mark Brown wrote:
>> Did you register the I2C device for the CODEC with the I2C subsystem?

> I believe that is done in wm8804 codec driver (i2c_add_driver() call in
> wm8804_modinit() function).

This is adding the driver not the device.  You need to register both -
the device will generally be registered by your arch/ file for the
board.

>> If that's not the issue could you please provide a kernel log with
>> #define DEBUG at the top of soc-core.c?

> I'm sending the full kern.log as an attachment to this email.

Could you please verify that you have enabled the debug logging
requested?  I cannot see any of the additional logging that would be
generated if this was enabled.