[alsa-devel] snd-soc - platform_device_add failed

Vaclav Peroutka vaclavpe at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 13:38:08 CET 2010

Hello,

I am trying to create alsa driver for MAX9880 which is connected to
S3C6410. I "copied" the initialization code from other examples in
sound/soc/ but during initialization I am getting "platform_device_add
failed". I attached the code for kernel 2.6.29, ALSA 1.0.18a. For me
it does not have anything which can fail. But I never wrote drivers
for ALSA.

I have another question. In the kernel code sound/soc/s3c_64xx/, there
is a plenty of s3c_i2s files. Different versions but no description,
which version should I use. Does anybody know, which one is the right
version ?

Thank you in advance,
Vaclav