[alsa-devel] Expected behaviour for two mic jacks

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Fri Nov 12 10:50:19 CET 2010

Hi,

A while ago I asked for the default/expected behaviour for auto-mute.
Here's the same question for mics:

If there are two mic jacks, e g one on the front and one on the back, is
the standard/default behaviour that we should:

1) Show one mic only and add auto-switch functionality, and if so, what
should determine which mic takes precedence?

2) Show both mics and let the user choose between them?

3) Show both mics, two volume control and let the user mix both signals
together (when possible)?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic