[alsa-devel] [PATCH v2 0/3] ASoC: Introduce the new caching API
dp at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Thu Nov 11 11:04:56 CET 2010
This patch series introduces the new caching API. The idea behind this
caching interface is that we can provide different means of organizing
and accessing the register cache. This is useful for large and sparse
register maps, where one can use some kind of compression algorithm to
reduce the memory footprint. The caching API is designed in such way to
eliminate the need for modifying any existing drivers.
- Memory usage statistics, to make it easier to select the proper caching
- Support for bulk reads/writes.
- Overridable caching behaviour from the machine driver.
- Optimize certain CPU intensive paths.
- Ensure proper locking in init()/exit()/sync().
Dimitris Papastamos (3):
ASoC: soc-cache: Add support for flat register caching
ASoC: soc-cache: Add support for LZO register caching
ASoC: soc-cache: Add support for rbtree based register caching
include/sound/soc.h | 29 ++
sound/soc/Kconfig | 2 +
sound/soc/soc-cache.c | 984 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
sound/soc/soc-core.c | 37 +--
4 files changed, 998 insertions(+), 54 deletions(-)
More information about the Alsa-devel