[alsa-devel] ALSA-SOC support for OpenRD Client/Ultimate

Robas, Teodor teodor.robas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 07:45:54 CET 2010

Hello everyone,

I am writing to this list in the hope that somebody can clear me out
if this platform is supported and I am doing something wrong, or if
it is still work in progress.

The drivers that I think should work with my hardware (OpenRD ultimate)
are located in sound/soc/kirkwood/*.

Sound on this device worked (partially) with the default software
it came but not with the latest about 10 kernels I have tried.

I added bellow the output of alsa-info.sh script. If needed I can look
for more or try to fix it (with some help).

Best Regards,
Teodor

!!################################
!!ALSA Information Script v 0.4.59
!!################################

!!Script ran on: Thu Nov 11 06:27:39 UTC 2010

!!Linux Distribution
!!------------------

Debian GNU/Linux squeeze/sid \n \l

!!DMI Information
!!---------------

Manufacturer:
Product Name:

!!Kernel Information
!!------------------

Kernel release:    2.6.37-rc1
Operating System:  GNU/Linux
Architecture:      armv5tel
Processor:         unknown
SMP Enabled:       No

!!ALSA Version
!!------------

Driver version:     1.0.23
Library version:    1.0.23
Utilities version:  1.0.23

!!Loaded ALSA modules
!!-------------------

!!Sound Servers on this system
!!----------------------------

No sound servers found.

!!Soundcards recognised by ALSA
!!-----------------------------

--- no soundcards ---

!!PCI Soundcards installed in the system
!!--------------------------------------

!!Advanced information - PCI Vendor/Device/Susbsystem ID's
!!--------------------------------------------------------

!!Modprobe options (Sound related)
!!--------------------------------

snd-atiixp-modem: index=-2
snd-intel8x0m: index=-2
snd-via82xx-modem: index=-2
snd-pcsp: index=-2
snd-usb-audio: index=-2

!!Loaded sound module options
!!--------------------------

!!ALSA Device nodes
!!-----------------

crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116, 33 Nov 11 08:23 /dev/snd/timer

!!Aplay/Arecord output
!!------------

APLAY

aplay: device_list:235: no soundcards found...

ARECORD

arecord: device_list:235: no soundcards found...

!!Amixer output
!!-------------

!!Alsactl output
!!-------------

--startcollapse--
--endcollapse--

!!All Loaded Modules
!!------------------

Module
snd_soc_kirkwood
snd_soc_core
snd_pcm
snd_timer
snd
snd_page_alloc
bridge
stp
llc
nfsd
lockd
nfs_acl
auth_rpcgss
sunrpc
exportfs
loop
xgifb
fb
cfbcopyarea
mv_cesa
cfbimgblt
aes_generic
cfbfillrect
sd_mod
crc_t10dif
usb_storage
sata_mv
libata
ehci_hcd
scsi_mod
usbcore
mv643xx_eth
libphy
nls_base

!!ALSA/HDA dmesg

PS: please note that none of the snd* modules are loaded by default.

PPS: Somewhere in the code (sound/soc/kirkwood/kirkwood-openrd.c)
there is a check: machine_is_openrd_client() but in my case it should
be machine_is_openrd_ultimate(). I removed this check anyway.

--
  _
( )   ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail