[alsa-devel] ALSA UCM

Liam Girdwood lrg at slimlogic.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 19:47:41 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 19:34 +0100, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2010, Liam Girdwood wrote:
> >> 	Value {
> >> 	      MasterPlaybackVolume "name='Headset Playback Volume' 1"
> >> 	      MasterCaptureVolume "name='Capture Volume' 1"
> What does mean '1'? If you like to define element id index, use:

Ah, that looks a conversion bug from Abrahams old file format to his new
format. I guess it caught out the parser too here.

Abraham, could you check over your configuration files and send a patch
for the parser that spits an error out here.

> MasterPlaybackVolume "name='Headset Playback Volume',index=1"

My preference is not to use the ID since it can sometimes change with
driver updates. The names are pretty constant though.

Freelance Developer, SlimLogic Ltd
ASoC and Voltage Regulator Maintainer.