[alsa-devel] [RFC_iii/iv 1/2] ASoC: Rename dai_link as dev_map

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Mon Nov 1 18:46:34 CET 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 08:12:15PM +0200, Jarkko Nikula wrote:
> Mark Brown <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> wrote:

> > My main thought with this now that I see the change is that it'd be
> > easier and probably clearer to add an explicit list of devices rather
> > than to repurpose the DAI links.  This will probably be simpler since we
> > can avoid things like having to work out if we've seen and initialised a
> > device before when it has multiple DAIs involved.

> My concern was mostly that we end up having somewhat similar struct
> than snd_soc_dai_link and adding pointer to such table in snd_soc_card.

We probably want to be pulling stuff out of the DAI link if anything
(for example, the CODEC is generally going to be implied by the CODEC
DAI).

> But that's not necessary reduncandy at all if it makes cleanier move to
> other cases like codec-codec etc. I'll experiment that in next version.

Please do - I'd rather have a series of small, clear descriptive lists
than a single big list since I think that this will be much clearer and
easier to work with.