[alsa-devel] ASoC: Hooking a TI CODEC to a i.MX27 MCU
eric at eukrea.com
Fri May 28 07:55:19 CEST 2010
Le 28/05/2010 04:06, Stuart Longland a écrit :
> I'll have a look at the Eukrea CPUIMX27 and baseboard SoC support in a
> moment, since it looks very similar to what we're doing (in that it's a
> TI I²S CODEC hooked to an i.MX27 on SSI4) ... this might reveal clues
> as to what I'm doing wrong.
we are using the TLV320AIC23B codec in master mode on the
CPUIMX27/MBIMX27 (and did the same on an other board using a TLV3204 as
a master with a 12MHz oscillator on its MCLK: for this one, it's
necessary to configure several dozens of registers through I2C to get it
The TLV3204 is wired this way :
- MCK = 12MHz ocillator
- BCLK (pin2) = PC19 (SSI4_CLK) (TLV output / IMX in)
- WCLK (pin3) = PC16 (SSI4_FS) (TLV output / IMX in)
- DIN/MFP1 (pin4) = PC18 (SSI4_TXDAT) (TLV input / IMX out)
- DOUT/MFP2 (pin5) = PC17 (SSI4_RXDAT) (TLV output / IMX in)
- SPI_SELECT (pin12) = pull down to select I2C mode
- SCL & SDA (pins 9 & 10) = I2C2
all the interface between i.MX & TLV is powered in 1.8V.
I'll try to find our I2C init sequence and send it to you as this was
the hardest part of the thing to get the codec running.
More information about the Alsa-devel