[alsa-devel] Mixer volume/decibel mapping

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu May 27 15:32:31 CEST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Raymond Yau at 26/05/10 00:24 did gyre and gimble:
> only one of the PA developer complain about his HDA codec has incorrect dB
> range but not willing to provide alsa-info.sh

I presume you mean me :) I had a hunt through the many mails you sent on
the previous thread and found such a request I'd obviously missed the
first time round. Sorry about that. Not unwilling, just unaware.

I've attached the output to a reply in the other thread.

> There is a patch which may affect the dB scale
>
> http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-kernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=7c7767ebe2fa847c91a0dd5551ca422aba359473;hp=29fdbec2dcb1ce364812778271056aa9516ff3ed

Interesting. I wonder if this ties in time wise of when I noticed this
working..... If I find time to play, I'll maybe try reverting this to
see if it helps.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie