[alsa-devel] [PATCH v2 0/8] ASoC: TWL4030: put the codec to off when not active
peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Wed May 26 10:38:13 CEST 2010
Changes since v1:
- Patch 3: removed the shifting of offset cancellation value
- Added register content reset functionality as suggested by Liam and Mark
I have added Mark's Acked-by to patch 1-7, patch 8 is a new one, which shall
address the comments regarding to the register content reset.
To-do after this series:
Revisit the register reset functionality to use burst write.
Intro mail from the original series:
The following series at the end will let the twl4030 codec to use BIAS_OFF
instead of BIAS_STANDBY.
The difference in power consumption is about 0.5mA.
To achieve this:
- The regcache has been reseted to codec default
- The codec initialization has been optimized, it is no longer writes all 73
registers at startup, but only modifies few selected one.
- The power related code has been cleaned up, and optimized
- Support added for machine drivers to select the offset cancellation path
- debug support for checking the codec default registers (machine drivers can
ask for checking, but shall be disabled in production).
- Added codec register reset functionality
I guess that's it.
The driver has been tested on a custom board with twl5031. It passed all of our
internal test cases covering much of the codec features.
Peter Ujfalusi (8):
ASoC: TWL4030: Revisit codec defaults
ASoC: TWL4030: Remove wrapper for power down
ASoC: TWL4030: Make offset cancellation path configurable
ASoC: TWL4030: Optimize the power up sequence
ASoC: TWL4030: Helper to check chip default registers
ASoC: TWL4030: Correct the ARXR2_APGA_CTL chip default
ASoC: TWL4030: Use BIAS_OFF instead of BIAS_STANDBY, when not in use
ASoC: TWL4030: Add functionalty to reset the registers
sound/soc/codecs/twl4030.c | 291 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------
sound/soc/codecs/twl4030.h | 3 +
2 files changed, 169 insertions(+), 125 deletions(-)
More information about the Alsa-devel