[alsa-devel] [PATCH 0/7] ASoC: TWL4030: put the codec to off when not active
peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Tue May 25 13:34:01 CEST 2010
The following series at the end will let the twl4030 codec to use BIAS_OFF
instead of BIAS_STANDBY.
The difference in power consumption is about 0.5mA.
To achieve this:
- The regcache has been reseted to codec default
- The codec initialization has been optimized, it is no longer writes all 73
registers at startup, but only modifies few selected one.
- The power related code has been cleaned up, and optimized
- Support added for machine drivers to select the offset cancellation path
- debug support for checking the codec default registers (machine drivers can
ask for checking, but shall be disabled in production).
I guess that's it.
The driver has been tested on a custom board with twl5031. It passed all of our
internal test cases covering much of the codec features.
Peter Ujfalusi (7):
ASoC: TWL4030: Revisit codec defaults
ASoC: TWL4030: Remove wrapper for power down
ASoC: TWL4030: Make offset cancellation path configurable
ASoC: TWL4030: Optimize the power up sequence
ASoC: TWL4030: Helper to check chip default registers
ASoC: TWL4030: Correct the ARXR2_APGA_CTL chip default
ASoC: TWL4030: Use BIAS_OFF instead of BIAS_STANDBY, when not in use
sound/soc/codecs/twl4030.c | 286 ++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
sound/soc/codecs/twl4030.h | 2 +
2 files changed, 157 insertions(+), 131 deletions(-)
More information about the Alsa-devel