[alsa-devel] USB midi support for KAOSS pad

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Tue May 25 00:54:12 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:34:03AM +0200, Pedro Ferreira wrote:
> > And here, the device is disconnected from USB, but I doubt that is
> > related to the driver stack. The only thing I can currently think of is
> > that the device draws too much power at this point, and a voltage
> > brown-out causes the device to reset. Can you try a powered hub, or is
> > this device powered by an external supply anyway?
>
> It's got its own power supply :)
>
> > Did you successfully
> > use it on the _same_ hardware under Windows?
>
> Haven't tried... I don't have windows on this machine :/

Could you try to temporarily disable the snd-usb-audio driver (move the
module away or build a kernel without support for it) and then see
whether the mass storage function works stable? And then the other way
around - disable USB mass storage and try the audio function only.

Maybe that can give some hint.

Daniel