[alsa-devel] HP dv series mute LED problems?

Thoralf Freitag thoralf.freitag at cactus-online.de
Wed May 12 21:55:50 CEST 2010

Takashi Iwai schrieb:
> At Wed, 12 May 2010 11:33:06 +0530,
> Kunal Gangakhedkar wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 12 May 2010 2:11:13 am Takashi Iwai wrote:

>>> As a compromise, how about the additional patch below?
>>>

>> Yes, this patch fixes the problems on my dv6 machine and
>> looks reasonable to me.
>>
>> However, we need confirmation from Thoralf - whether it works for him too.
>> I don't know if STAC_HP_DV4 can be reused for dv7 series machines - since I
>> don't have access to verify it.
>>

> The PCI SSID was already given from his alsa-info.sh output.
> Actually, dv4 and dv7 seem to have very similar implementations and
> almost same SSIDs.
>

>> Tested-by: Kunal Gangakhedkar <kunal.gangakhedkar at gmail.com> (for dv6-1110ax)
>> Acked-by: Kunal Gangakhedkar <kunal.gangakhedkar at gmail.com>
>>

> thanks,
>

> Takashi

Hi Takashi,

sorry for my delay. I've a heavy workload with my job.

Try applying the patch, there is one error. IMHO it isn't a problem because my alsa-driver-1.0.23 patch_sigmatel.c file doesn't contain the line

-               spec->gpio_led = 0x01;

at this place.

Hunk #2 succeeded at 1690 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 1703 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 1722 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 5676 (offset -5 lines).
Hunk #6 FAILED at 5687.
Hunk #7 succeeded at 5747 (offset -7 lines).

sound/pci/hda/patch_sigmatel.c.rej

Here the content of patch_sigmatel.c.rej

*************** again:
*** 5681,5687 ****
                 * detection.
                 */
                spec->hp_detect = 1;
-               spec->gpio_led = 0x01;
                break;
        case STAC_HP_HDX:
                spec->num_dmics = 1;
--- 5687,5692 ----
                 * detection.
                 */
                spec->hp_detect = 1;
                break;
        case STAC_HP_HDX:
                spec->num_dmics = 1;

But the patch doesn't solve the problem. Like before, the mute led isn't switched on/off (whithe/orange). Maybe set_hp_led_gpio overwrites the value for gpio_led, which is set static before ?

Thoralf