[alsa-devel] iec958 regression with alsa 1.0.22 and kernel 2.6.33 on Intel DG45FC motherboard

David Härdeman david at hardeman.nu
Thu May 6 09:42:27 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 02:55, Wu Fengguang wrote:
> On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 07:05:16AM +0800, David Härdeman wrote:
>> A recent upgrade to kernel 2.6.33.x and alsa 1.0.22 broke spdif (iec958)
>
> Upgraded from which kernel?

2.6.32.something, can check exact version later if you want. alsa
userspace bits were upgraded at the same time (can also check from which
version later if necessary).

>> output on my Intel DG45FC motherboard (IDT 92HD73E1X5 codec,
>> snd-hda-intel driver).
>>
>> After playing around a bit with module params, it turns out that loading
>> snd-hda-intel with model=no-jd fixes this problem (previously the module
>> worked without any model option at all, note also that model=intel does
>> not work which is kinda weird).
>
> You mean model=intel never worked?

No, I mean that I've never used a model= parameter before, and in trying
to debug this new problem I tried model=intel which did not fix it but
model=no-jd does. So model=intel might have worked before.

On a related note, why is model=intel even there (and why is the end-user
expected to set it)? The docs says it's for DG45FC and DG45ID
motherboards, but shouldn't those motherboards be possible to autodetect
in the driver via DMI info?

--
David Härdeman