[alsa-devel] Soundcard Detection problem (ALSA regression)

Gregory T Flynn gflynn1 at binghamton.edu
Mon Mar 29 19:57:40 CEST 2010

So far I have tested the current stable drive and now the current
snapshot, both to no avail.  The last ALSA driver version that worked
on this sound card was 1.0.18.

General Info from the 1.0.18 driver:

!!PCI Soundcards installed in the system
!!--------------------------------------
00:10.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP51 High Definition Audio (rev a2)

!!Advanced information - PCI Vendor/Device/Susbsystem ID's
!!--------------------------------------------------------
00:10.1 0403: 10de:026c (rev a2)
    Subsystem: 1462:373d

Currently I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 beta1 and this sounds regression
(which was also in 9.10) is my only problem with the new system.  So
it would be awesome to get solved and packed into the beta before
release.

more details in bug report:
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=4967
--