[alsa-devel] Speakertest repeats sounds on ATI HD3200 HDMI (Fedora 12 x86_64, 2.6.33.1 kernel.org)

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 26 17:01:34 CET 2010

Hello,

I am getting repeated sounds when using speakertest:
FronFronFronFronFronFronFronFronFronFron... RontRontRontRont... etc.

Seeh ttps://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=4965 for
details about the bug.

It's a Jetway NC81-LF w/ ATI HD3200 onboard video. HDMI connection to
the TV. Video works great, adding audio gives stuttering effects.
So we started debugging.

I have a speakertest-strace: http://pastebin.com/Ad7j8Yc5.
I start the test and the audio goes like:
FronFronFronFronFronFronFronFronFronFronFronFronFronFronFronFron
the strace sits and I pastebinned it.

Then the speaker-test continues and the audio goes like
RontRontRontRontRontRont
See http://pastebin.com/TNpsv1bv for the strace.

Any idea what might be wrong here?

Kind regards,