[alsa-devel] alsactl restore: unknown hardware: ymf724f

Angel Tsankov fn42551 at fmi.uni-sofia.bg
Fri Mar 26 09:28:04 CET 2010

Hello again!

I've recently had some time to investigate this problem further on and
here's what I've discovered:

Raymond Yau wrote:
> 2010/2/26 Pacho Ramos <pacho at condmat1.ciencias.uniovi.es>

>> built-in
>> (rev

>> "AC97a:83847600"

>> levels
>> asound.state

>> 2.6.30.2).
>> if
>> alsactl/state.c

>> restore'
>> printed.
>> and
>> your
>> tarball
>>
>> Looks similar to my problem:
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/alsa-devel/msg31422.html
>>

> your problem is "alsactl restore" become "alsactl init" when the number of
> controls is more than those in state file.

I'm not quite sure that the case is this since 'alsactl restore' does
restore the values of the Yamaha sound card (and those of the other
card, too) and 'alsactl restore 1' seems to just initialize the Yamaha
card.  This is with alsa-utils version 1.0.22.

Regards,

Angel Tsankov