[alsa-devel] TASCAM US-1641

Karsten Wiese fzu at wemgehoertderstaat.de
Thu Mar 25 11:03:09 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch 24 März 2010 schrieb Jan Depner:

> > I suggest adding some printk()s to the driver and see what it actually
> > does and which values it passes around. Most probably there is more
> > differences in the data format, and descriptors and/or message blocks
> > have different meanings for this hardware model.
> >

>     I did as suggested and got back reasonable appearing numbers for
> rate, use_packsize, and period_frames of 44100, 36, and 256 respectively
> but am not sure how to relate this to my interface.

I heard the US-1641 uses bulk and/or iso packets, while US-122L uses iso only.
so snd_usb_us122l would need some deep tweaking.
also all the incantation stuff looks propably different.

> Is there some
> documentation somewhere that would explain the output of lsusb -v with
> respect to variable names in us122l.c.

erm, no. there are the interface and endpoint numbers.

usbsnoop and/or the developers at http://usbaudio.com.

>     Many thanks for your help with this.  Karsten had asked me to get
> back with him if I got one of these but my email to him must have gone
> to the spam filter as I haven't heard anything.

no spam filters, just work and short hollidays.

looking back at developing snd_usb_us122l, i'm unsure if I spent my time wisely:
the actual hardware one can buy now doesn't talk to the driver anymore. and i'm
busy caring for real life, which i've been omitting a tad too much that time.

If in doubt, don't bother hacking on the tascam, enjoy spring instead!

regards,
Karsten