[alsa-devel] Problem adding support for digital mixer in codec

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Thu Mar 25 10:22:36 CET 2010

On Thursday 25 March 2010 11:13:36 ext Liam Girdwood wrote:
> This approach currently works well on the twl4030. However, you may want
> to consider using SND_SOC_DAPM_AIF_IN() for your input paths here. e.g.
>
> AIF_IN -> MIXER -> DAC -> rest of codec

I was also thinking to restructure the TWL4030 codec to have the AIF_IN and
AIF_OUT widgets.
We do have digital routing selection before the DACs (and mixers), which as it
is now not in the codec driver, but it would be nice to have them at some point.
I have them in a custom board file (as simple kcontrols), and as I recall I have
sent a sample patch for beagle to add those in the machine driver. Or I have not
sent, I'm not sure..

--
Péter