[alsa-devel] Verifying mixer dB data/Invalid dB data from USB cards, especially Aureon 5.1 MkII

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 07:54:01 CET 2010

2010/2/19 Lennart Poettering <mznyfn at 0pointer.de>

> On Thu, 18.02.10 14:15, Raymond Yau (superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> However, I have been talking to a couple of folks regarding presenting
> that in a nicer way, i.e. colour slider ranges green/yellow/red:
>
> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/WritingVolumeControlUIs#Colouredvolumesliders

> hw control where alsa reports > 0dB; and finally red → software volume
> control.

if Flat volumes are enabled on a per-sink basis and *PulseAudio* provides *
per*-*application volume* controls only .

Neither pulse client nor alsa-pulse client can connect to PA server more
than once.
This mean that winepulse.drv have to perform mixing of 16 voices of dsound,

especially winepulse.drv did not provide midi or softsynth and still relies
on wine-alsa to provide the midi support.

all those advantages of winepulse.drv (such as cross platform , software
mixing ) are meaningless