[alsa-devel] snd_pcm_drop causing lockup with DMix

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Wed Mar 3 13:59:07 CET 2010

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, John Lindgren wrote:

> Confirmed, that fixes the hangup.  A minor issue remains that
> snd_pcm_writei still always returns -EIO or -EBADFD in this situation.

I don't see a problem here. If transfer is stopped, the pcm handle is
not initialized for I/O transactions, thus upper layers return these
errors.

Your application should check snd_pcm_state() in case of error and look if
stream is inactive (back in SND_PCM_STATE_SETUP), because your application
invoked the drop() call.

 						Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>