[alsa-devel] ALSA SDL VORBIS playback problem

Daniel Glöckner dg at emlix.com
Tue Mar 2 21:03:14 CET 2010

On 03/02/2010 08:09 PM, Alex Austin wrote:
> Basically, see if a straight-up pipe will buffer reasonably. If not, I
> suppose it's remotely possible that this is just a CPU-bound operation and
> it can't keep up. I can't imagine that's really the case though with that
> CPU.

Libvorbis uses floating point operations while on your AT91SAM9261 you
have a soft-float library (or even worse FPU emulation).

Try the integer only Tremor library linked here:
http://www.xiph.org/vorbis/

The API is slightly different (easier), as it can only generate S16_LE
samples.

  Daniel

--
Dipl.-Math. Daniel Glöckner, emlix GmbH, http://www.emlix.com
Fon +49 551 30664-0, Fax -11, Bahnhofsallee 1b, 37081 Göttingen, Germany

emlix - your embedded linux partner