[alsa-devel] [RFC 04/16] ASoC: multi-component - TI CODECs

peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Wed Jun 30 14:08:11 CEST 2010

Hello Liam,

I'm on holiday, and I have limited access to e-mail, but I did taken a brief look at the series..
I have few question:
Is the support for the former codec->idle_bias_off is gone? This patch removes it from the
tlv320dac33, and t2l4030 codec drivers.
I'm not really sure about the restructure of the tlv320dac33 driver:
- The codec ID register read has been removed, which is really useful, and it is going to be
  used to enable/disable features of DAC33 based on the ID.
- Originally the codec was off by default, now it is on all the time.
- What is the reason to move the IRQ, GPIO, and regulator request from the i2c_probe to soc_probe?

Some of these valid for the twl4030 codec as well (especially the idle_bias_off support).

I don't claim, that I have checked all the patches, and changes, but at least with the tlv320dac33,
and twl4030 codec drivers I can see some unwanted (for me) PM related regressions.
Are these removals intentional?

Thanks,
Peter