[alsa-devel] alsa-utils configuration query

Adish Kuvelker adkuvi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 15:58:36 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am cross-compiling alsa-utils for my ARM target. I have successfully
configured and installed the alsa-lib (alsa-lib-1.0.16). Now to
configure the alsa-utils(alsa-utils-1.0.16) i pass the following
command

LD=arm-linux-ld ./configure --with-alsa-prefix=/usr/lib
--build=i686-linux --disable-nls

The libasound.la & libasound.a are present in the /usr/lib but the
above command gives an error

checking for snd_ctl_open in -lasound... no
configure: error: No linkable libasound was found

Can anyone give me a pointer of how to tackle this?

Regards;
Aadish