[alsa-devel] [RFC 0/5] ASoC multi-component support : core

Jarkko Nikula jhnikula at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 09:16:21 CEST 2010

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 20:24:27 +0100
Liam Girdwood <lrg at slimlogic.co.uk> wrote:

> I've so far tested the new multi-component enumeration on the TI OMAP
> and Marvell PXA platforms with AC97, MFD and I2C based CODECs. I do
> however need ASoC platform maintainers to test on their systems (as I
> only have a subset of the hardware). Some ASOC platforms do need a
> little extra checking/fixups too :-

I wouldn't expect much problems from OMAPs. Beagle with TWL4030 works
out of box and I would expect other boards using TWL4030 to work as
well.

If some board doesn't work then fix is most probably just
adding .codec_id = I2C address of the codec (or -1) to snd_soc_dai_link
structure of that machine.

--
Jarkko