[alsa-devel] [RFC 0/5] ASoC multi-component support : core

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Jun 25 01:12:31 CEST 2010

On 24 Jun 2010, at 22:36, Ryan Mallon wrote:

> The following patch fixes the build errors and warnings for the
> ep93xx/Snapper CL15. However, I still get 'No soundcards found' during

Please provide a proper changelog for patches.

> boot. The ep3xx-pcm-audio, ep93xx-i2s and soc-audio devices are all
> present under /sys/bus/platform/devices. Any ideas?

Do you actually see sound cards appearing? The log message at boot
is purely informational, cards can probe at any time.

Define DEBUG at the top of soc-audio.c if the card never appears at all
then look at the log messages - they will say why the card is not being
instantiated.