[alsa-devel] Writing a driver for the Blackfin BF537 with two CS42448 on SPORT1

Adam Rosenberg adam at alcorn.com
Fri Jun 25 00:45:29 CEST 2010

I am writing my first ALSA driver for uClinux on Blackfin BF537.  I have a
custom board with two Cirrus Logic CS42448 chips connected to the primary
and secondary data lines of SPORT1.  I was basing my driver off of the
driver for the Analog Devices AD1836 but it does not look like that driver
was written using the latest practices.  I already have the code modified
well enough to communicate with both chips and produce some noise, but it is
obvious that I am not filling the DMA buffer properly.

Please let me know where I can find a driver that would be a better example
for me to reference.  When I have completed the driver I will also need help
on where to submit it so that it will be supported by ALSA for others.

Thank you for your help,
Adam

Adam Rosenberg
Software Engineer