[alsa-devel] Alsa 1.0.23 problems with VIA VT1708S

William King quentusrex at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 23:14:57 CEST 2010

A few different issues with this system, but for devel and debugging I
have 3 laptops of the exact same hardware. Asus k50AB laptops with the
VIA VT1708S sound card. I am documenting as best as I can on this ubuntu
bug ticket:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/595606

Currently the issues are:
1. Front mic does not work. No audio with any tests, even arecord test.
2. headphone jack does not work. When headphones are plugged in, the
sound continues to come out of the speakers, and no sound out of the
headphones.

I am able to test patches easily. I have just installed from source
1.0.23 release.