[alsa-devel] Update on TLV320AIC3204 Driver [File 1/3]

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Wed Jun 16 11:35:15 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 08:46:23AM +1000, Stuart Longland wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 03:20:50PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> > scripts/checkpatch.pl is your friend.

> I take it this checks for coding style?  I'll have a look.

Coding style and other things - anything that's amenable to automatic
checking.

> Yep, will get rid of it then.  I wasn't quite sure what it was doing, or
> what was needed.  I'm undecided as to whether I should use this to power
> the PLL down, or whether that'd be better done elsewhere.

The PLL can probably be handled as a supply to other components.

> I'm giving some thought to handling the bit and word clocks -- and think
> since this is related, we can do something about the PLL in the same
> place.

If you need to explicitly control them either the hw_params or using a
supply for the DAC/ADC might work.

> > > #else
> > > static inline void aic3204_i2c_init(void) { }
> > > static inline void aic3204_i2c_exit(void) { }
> > > #endif

> > Not needed unless you have multiple buses.

> The TLV320AIC3204 is a dual I²C/SPI device, if you tie one of its pins
> to Vdd, it runs I²C, if you tie that pin to Vss, it runs SPI.

I'd be tempted to skip the ifdefs until SPI is actually implemented
since the driver is useless otherwise.