[alsa-devel] Timing Info

Paul Dugas paul at dugasenterprises.com
Tue Jun 15 19:00:55 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de> wrote:
> Set SND_PCM_TSTAMP_ENABLE to generate a timestamp whenever the hardware
> position is updated.  Call snd_pcm_status to read the position and the
> corresponding timestamp.

I've re-read this a number of times and have been fiddling with code
that dumps the status at various points but I'm still not grasping the
concept here.  Can comeone point me to an explanation of the delay,
avail, and avail_max values?  Maybe I can figure this out with that.

Paul

PS: Is there a better place to ask questions like these?  People on
#alsa at Freenode sent me here.