[alsa-devel] Timing Info

Paul Dugas paul at dugasenterprises.com
Sun Jun 13 21:47:36 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de>wrote:

> Paul Dugas wrote:
> > What's the "timestamp mode".  Does it generate a timestamp each
> > period?  How would I access that timestamp?
>
> Set SND_PCM_TSTAMP_ENABLE to generate a timestamp whenever the hardware
> position is updated.  Call snd_pcm_status to read the position and the
> corresponding timestamp.

So, does setting SND_PCM_TSTAMP_ENABLE change the meaning of the tstamp
field in the status?  I believe I read somewhere that with TSTAMP_NONE,
tstamp was set to "now" when readi() was called.  Does it change to meaning
" the timestamp od the first frame returned"?  If not, where do I look?

Much thanks,

Paul