[alsa-devel] BUG: cx88 can't find device struct

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Sun Jun 13 16:01:54 CEST 2010

Timothy E. Krantz wrote:
> I download the alsa-driver-1.0.23.tar.bz file, unpack it, ./configure and
> make and make install.
>
> If I then try to record an analog station I get:
>
> Jun  9 14:40:19 mythdora kernel: BUG: cx88 can't find device struct. Can't proceed with open

The cx88 is not part of the ALSA driver package.

You have to recompile the entire kernel, where the new ALSA is part of
this kernel.  If you distribution doesn't have the latest released (or
beta) kernel, try a kernel snapshot from here (this requires git):
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git;a=summary

HTH
Clemens