[alsa-devel] ASoC: Defining "signed integer" mixer controls?

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Jun 4 13:28:31 CEST 2010

On 4 Jun 2010, at 10:27, Stuart Longland wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 12:20:24PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
>> Please do remember to CC maintainers on posts to mailing lists.  I've
>> had to remind you previously about dropping CCs (and see that you were
>> doing that again this morning)...

> Well no, this was a separate query to the other thread, and one of a
> more general nature (not specific to the 'AIC3204... and not necessarily
> ASoC specific either).

You're replying in the middle of the existing thread (which tends to indicate a continuation of the same discussion) and hadn't CCed anyone at all - Takashi and Jaroslav are also much more likely to notice your post if you CC them.

>> Are you looking for SOC_DOUBLE_R_SX_TLV and variants thereof by any
>> chance?  If you need variants you'd need to add them but that's
>> straightforward.

> Is this something that has been added since kernel 2.6.34?  I'll have a
> hunt around for it, but I haven't spotted that in the kernel tree I'm
> using.

Yes.

> I'm running slightly-behind bleeding edge here, since I hit a few
> regressions[1] with the latest code (ARM-wise), and rather than battle
> those in this early phase of development, I decided to move back to
> something stable, get it working, then bring it forward.  It's for this
> reason that my driver currently uses the older driver registration
> model.

The device model registration has been supported in mainline for over a year now, it's certainly there in 2.6.34.

> Once I get it working; there will likely be two forks of it -- one
> brought up to mainline to go into the tree... and one to be backported
> to kernel 2.6.28 which is what we're using in our product (as everything
> else we have works with that kernel).

For 2.6.28 you'll be as well just backporting ASoC en masse.