[alsa-devel] Trouble compiling alsa-driver-1.0.23 on Fedora 13

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Tue Jun 1 21:30:50 CEST 2010

Uros Bizjak wrote, On 06/01/2010 06:47 PM:
> Hello!
> Trying to compile alsa-driver-1.0.23 on Fedora 13, I got following failure:
> gmake -C /lib/modules/
> SUBDIRS=/home/uros/alsa-driver-1.0.23  CPP="gcc -E" CC="gcc" modules
> gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/'
> Makefile:535: /usr/src/kernels/
> No such file or directory
> gmake[1]: *** No rule to make target
> `/usr/src/kernels/'.  Stop.
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/'
> gmake: *** [compile] Error 2
> I have installed required kernel-devel package.
> Am I missing something else to successfully compile alsa-kernel drivers?

Uros, I don't think you are missing anything - it seems like there is a
real problem with the Fedora kernels and the latest alsa drivers.

alsa-compile.sh as described on
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Driver_Compilation used to
work for me on Fedora 12 and check for all dependencies, but now I get
the same error.

The Makefile fails in line 535 because SRCARCH (and ARCH) is empty even
though SUBARCH is correctly (on my machine) set to i386. I don't know
why or how it usually works.