[alsa-devel] some questions about sound system

loody miloody at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 21:56:19 CEST 2010

Dear all:
I just install Ubuntu9.10 on my laptop and I try to update my sound
system and recompile the utility.
there are some questions I met:
1. when configure the  utility
   it says

checking panel.h presence... no
checking for panel.h... no
configure: error: required curses helper header not found

and config.log is

"conftest.c:10:42: error: CoreFoundation/CFPreferences.h: No such file
or directory
conftest.c: In function 'main':
conftest.c:14: error: 'NULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
conftest.c:14: error: (Each undeclared identifier is repor"

the above error seems I miss install some package before.
I google the name but I have no improvement.

"conftest.c:20:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
configure:7397: $? = 1"

the above error seems the header located where the conftest.c doesn't expect.

how could solve them all?

2. there are some configure file in share when I compile advance linux
sound architecture.
like alsa.conf.
have anyone know where I can find the naming rule?
appreciate your help,
miloody