[alsa-devel] Equalizer plugin

John Lindgren john.lindgren at tds.net
Thu Jul 29 21:46:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

I know at present it is possible to set up a system-wide equalizer by
using a LADSPA effect configured in .asoundrc, but (to my knowledge)
adjusting such a setup requires editing .asoundrc and then restarting
all applications using ALSA.  I've cooked up an external PCM plugin that
uses its own config file to store equalizer settings.  Since it watches
the config file with inotify, it is possible to change the settings
without restarting any applications.  I plan to eventually write a GUI
for it.  So ... is this useful?  Any suggestions?

-- John