[alsa-devel] Regression 2.6.35-rc6: ALSA Intel HDA/Realtek: missing Beep

Mario 'BitKoenig' Holbe Mario.Holbe at TU-Ilmenau.DE
Thu Jul 29 11:15:17 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:52:36AM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Usually the codec SSID isn't checked in other places, so passing a
> bogus value should be OK.  Pass a value like 2:

Mh, 1 probably :)

$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/local-alsa.conf
options snd-hda-intel model=asus-p5q
install snd-hda-intel /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-hda-intel $CMDLINE_OPTS && { cd /sys/class/sound/hwC0D0; echo -n 1 > subsystem_id; echo -n 1 > reconfig; : ; }

Yep, Beep is back :)

Btw...

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:26:22AM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> So, the fix is likely to override SSID value, or create a special
> quirk rule to enable PC-beep for known white-list, supposing BIOS
> won't be fixed in any future...

Well, the Board is from 2007, the last BIOS is from Aug 2009. I don't
think Asus will provide an update just for that :)

Thanks for your help
   Mario
--
Unfortunately, the chip vendors have delayed the availability of the
long-promised crystal-ball peripherals yet again, forcing the governor