[alsa-devel] [RFC 0/4] ASoC: OMAP3: Extended threshold mode

Jarkko Nikula jhnikula at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 11:03:51 CEST 2010

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:51:24 +0300
Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The following series extends the current threshold implementation for OMAP3
> class of devices.
>
> The original threshold implementation has limitation on the size of the period,
> which can not be bigger than the McBSP port's FIFO size.
> This limitation makes it hard to use any power saving on McBSP ports other than
> McBSP2 (McBSP2 has 1280 word buffer, other ports have only 128 word long
> buffer), since the maximum period size limit is really small.

> What do you think?

Well, cleanups are always good as well as making the code more uniform,
and if the same set also improves power savings, what else I can do :-)

Acked-by: Jarkko Nikula <jhnikula at gmail.com>

(this DMA packet transfer is used also with McPDM on OMAP4, trial
showed that it can work with McBSP on OMAP3 and as we can see, Peter
now implemented it)