[alsa-devel] hda-compiler, was: hda-verb, hda-analyzer, hda-emu and codecgraph

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Jul 27 17:33:32 CEST 2010

2010-07-27 16:57, Jaroslav Kysela skrev:
> A little off topic: hda-compiler . I'm playing with an idea to have the
> hda-intel driver behaviour description (patches) in a firmware file.

There seem to be more than one thought in that area. Recently there has
been some discussion (at least on Ubuntu Developer Summit) whether the
device-tree[1] structure could be used in this area as well.
Since we would then have separate device-tree files, we could update
them independent of the kernel.

I'll go to plumbers in November, could this be something to discuss at
that conference?

[1] http://www.devicetree.org

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.