[alsa-devel] Compiling alsa-utils

Pavel Hofman pavel.hofman at ivitera.com
Mon Jul 26 11:17:24 CEST 2010

Takashi Iwai napsal(a):
> At Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:58:09 +0200,
> Pavel Hofman wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> after clean git clone of  git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-utils.git I
>> got the following error:
>>
>> pavel at sara:~/install/alsa/alsa-utils$ autoheader
>> configure.in:268: error: `po/Makefile.in' is already registered with
>> AC_CONFIG_FILES.
>> ../../lib/autoconf/status.m4:311: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
>> configure.in:268: the top level
>> autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
>> autoheader: '/usr/bin/autom4te' failed with exit status: 1
>>

>> After deleting po/Makefile.in from the list of AC_OUTPUT in
>> configure.in:268 the compilation proceeded fine.
>>
>> Ubuntu 9.10.
>
> It's f*** auto-tools, that tells everything :)
>
> Doesn't the simple gitcompile work after the clean clone?

Thanks, the gitcompile script works fine. I followed the procedure in
INSTALL:

        aclocal
        gettextize
        autoheader
        automake --foreign --copy --add-missing
        autoconf
        ./configure
        make

Perhaps we could either update this sequence (but I have no idea how :)
), or delete the procedure and just mention the gitcompile script (that
one I can post as a patch).

Thanks,

Pavel.