[alsa-devel] Merging alsa-firmware into linux-firmware

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Mon Jul 26 10:15:10 CEST 2010

2010-07-20 12:51, David Woodhouse skrev:
> On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 11:38 +0100, David Henningsson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Chase Douglas (@canonical) and I plan to take what's left of
>> alsa-firmware and try to merge it into linux-firmware, this might happen
>> now or in the coming weeks. This will make alsa-firmware obsolete as all
>> firmware will be provided by linux-firmware instead.
>>
>> Any words of disagreement, warnings or encouragement before we do so?
>
> Encouragement, certainly...

Okay, so now there's a preliminary version up for review here:
git://kernel.ubuntu.com/diwic/linux-firmware.git, alsa-merge branch.

Feel free to either merge it if you think it's okay, or if it needs
adjustments, let me know (or fix them yourself, whatever is simplest...).

Note that once this one's through, we should adjust alsa-tools for usx2y
to point to /lib/firmware/usx2y and nothing else.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic