[alsa-devel] Accessing snd_soc_read/snd_soc_write directly for diagnostics

Mike Crowe drmikecrowe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 03:33:25 CEST 2010

Hi folks,

I know this is a strange request, however, for diagnostic purposes in our
embedded system, we would like to talk directly to the codec registers of
our sound chip, bypassing alsa.  I have the driver compiled into the kernel
(not loaded as a module).

Is it possible to create a program which can talk to the snd_soc_read and
snd_soc_write functions directly?  I'm not sure if this is an option, but if
it is, I'd appreciate a pointer to something similar to use as a guide.

TIA
Mike