[alsa-devel] Which project to choose?

David Henningsson launchpad.web at epost.diwic.se
Wed Jul 14 17:06:25 CEST 2010

2010-07-14 13:13, Raymond Yau skrev:

> localhost pulseaudio[24553]: alsa-util.c:   appl_ptr     : 735801008
> localhost pulseaudio[24553]: alsa-util.c:   hw_ptr       : 735846184
>
> This is underrun as you can see appl_ptr is behing hw_ptr

Ehm, isn't that a ring buffer? I e, there is nothing wrong with appl_ptr
being less than hw_ptr.

> However PA server had disabled the underrun detection.

Please clarify. If you're talking about my patch (disable underruns in
alsa-plugins) here, it has nothing to do with this situation (PA
complaining about its back-end).

The situation above probably isn't even an underrun.

// David