[alsa-devel] issue with TWL4030

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Tue Jul 13 10:03:27 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 06 July 2010 02:24:50 ext Raymond Yau wrote:
> The OSS emulation call driver's hw_params many time when the OSS program or
> SDL try to probe the supported rate , format and channels
>
> Not easy for the driver to 100% compatible with OSS 3.8 since the default
> is mono ,U8 and 8000Hz when you use  "cat  foo.wav > /dev/dsp" or "cat
> /dev/dsp > foo.wav"

I agree with you.
What I plan to do is to allow several hw_params call on the master (first)
stream until the point when the playback is actually started.
I need to check how does the consequent hw_parmas looks like. Do they retain the
already configured parameters? What I mean is that at the last hw_parmas call is
it so that all the needed information sent to the driver?

Thanks,
Péter