[alsa-devel] ALSA Help?

Matthew Hudson matthewlhudson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 15:22:20 CEST 2010

Hello,

I posted similar messages to the alsa-user mail list and to ubuntu forums (
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1528442 ), but haven't been able to
get help. Could any of you help with this?

So, I've got a great Acer Aspire 7736. Seems to have a RealTek ALC888 card &
Intel HDA.

I've upgraded Alsa.
I've used the Drivers at the RealTek site.
I've checked alsamixer over and over and over.

Yet, currently I cannot get sound through the headphone jack.

Originally, I had problems w/ headphone/speakers playing simlutaneously.
Somewhere in my adventures I fixed that, but then only one app would use
sound during a login (UGH). So, I kept poking...as all good linux users
do...now I'm afraid I've totally wonked it.

I'll put all pertinent alsa-info up here for anyone who will help!!

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=58850a92a9ea0edbf28a8d014a875cdbd81b621d

I guess I'm bright enough to really mess it up, but dumb enough not to have
a clue how to fix it.
It has NEVER been able to recognize a headphone plugged in the jack
automatically. I hope someone knows...

--
Soli Deo Gloria!
Matt Hudson

"There is a kind of happiness and wonder that makes you serious." C.S. Lewis