[alsa-devel] Problems running "amixer"

Adish Kuvelker adkuvi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 14:29:32 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have cross-compiled alsa-utils (alsa-utils-1.0.13) and alsa-lib
(alsa-lib-1.0.13). But when I ran the "amixer" I found some errors. I
am pasting the same for your reference.
# ./amixer
ALSA lib control.c:910:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default
amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory

The snddevices script creates a node "/dev/snd" and the device number
of these nodes matches with the ones registered in "/proc/asound".

Can anyone point me to the reason why the above mentioned error
occurs? If any more information is required over the way my sound
nodes are registered with the system I shall post it.

Regards;
Aadish